- From September 2006 until December 2014, this hospital successfully performed 349 transplant at with 98% success rate.
- The overall expenditure of surgery and postoperative care is only US $ 3000.00.
- Regular follow up is provided at out-patient every Saturday.
- OPD fee is only US $ 1.2 per visit for dialysis and transplant patients and their laboratory fee also reduced to 50% and free for poor.
A young girl from Bhutan, aged 18 years admitted with ESRD and later transplanted with mother′s kidney on 20.10.2014. Both of them are in good health.
M.N transplanted in July 2006. Initially he was on HD for two years and became Hepatitis -C positive. He was then treated with pegi-interferon for six months and was transplanted with his brother′s kidney. After transplantation, he developed TB which was successfully treated. He is now very fit to work and doing P.hD and working as senior scientific officer.
Characteristic of Transplant patients in Kidney foundation
- Total no of patients studied = 265
- Duration of Study = 2006-2014
- Mean age = 34.5±9.1 yrs; (M 163, F-102)
- Etiology of ESRD in transplant patients
- CGN – 84%
- DN – 8%
- HTN – 4%
Complication of Transplant Patients
- Infection – 40%
- Acute graft rejection – 26%
- CMV infection – 08%
- TB – 12%
- PTDM – 18%
Survival of Transplant patients in Kidney Foundation