- From September, 2006 until September 2017, this hospital successfully performed 408 kidney transplant with 98% success rate.
- The overall expenditure of surgery and postoperative care is only Taka 2,60,000.00(US $ 3000.00).
- Regular follow up is provided at out-patient every Saturday.
- OPD fee is only Taka 100.00/ patient /visit ( US $ 1.2 ) for dialysis and transplant patients and their laboratory fee reduced to 50% and free for poor.
Mother donated kidney to her daughter 8 years before & now father donated his kidney to his son 6 months before. Both of them are in good health now.
M.N transplanted in July 2006. Initially he was on HD for two years and became Hepatitis -C positive. He was then treated with pegi-interferon for six months and was transplanted with his brother′s kidney. After transplantation, he developed TB which was successfully treated. He is now very fit to work and doing P.hD and working as senior scientific officer.
Characteristic of Transplant patients in Kidney foundation
- Total no of patients studied = 408
- Duration of Study = 2006-2017
- Mean age = 34.5±9.1 yrs; (M 163, F-102)
- Etiology of ESRD in transplant patients
- CGN – 84%
- DN – 8%
- HTN – 4%
Complication of Transplant Patients
- Infection – 40%
- Acute graft rejection – 26%
- CMV infection – 08%
- TB – 12%
- PTDM – 18%
Survival of Transplant patients in Kidney Foundation